Through my private practice and personal experience I have developed a focus on Women’s Health and Hormonal Balance. Specifically, but not exclusively, the time leading up to menopause (peri-menopause) and menopause itself.
I am also interested in the myriad of experiences women have throughout their lives and how to age gracefully with strength and health.
It is important that women’s health be talked about openly in society; with friends, with daughters and nieces so that menopause is no longer a taboo topic. All stages of a woman’s life, including menarche and menopause, can be a chance to connect with her deeper source of fertility and wisdom.
Peri-menopause, and menopause itself, invites self reflection and a reassessment of who you wish to be and how you wish to live in your latter years. For many, it can be a challenging and busy time of life. You may have lived in a way that has silenced your inner voice and intuition; or you may have been multi tasking and running on empty for many years creating a state of depletion and exhaustion. These scenarios can create imbalances that make menopause more difficult than it needs to be.
Living Ayurveda offers you routines of self care, awareness of diet and the use of herbs to balance hormones, alleviate uncomfortable or downright distressing symptoms, and bring about inner calm and strength. As the Dalai Lama says “Creating harmony in the home is the foundation of a happy life.” Ayurveda considers your body your home, and true health is being at ease in your body physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually!
With the wisdom of Ayurveda, I am able to help you realise your desire for balance in your life and alleviate symptoms such as:
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Painful and or excessive bleeding
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood swings
- Crawling skin
- Low Libido
One of my great mentors in this field is world renowned Doctor of Eastern Medicine, Ayurvedic Practitioner and Women’s Health Specialist, Dr. Claudia Welch. Check out her books here.
Contact me to see how Living Ayurveda can help you.
Wisdom For Women Workshops - Finding Balance with Ayurveda
Throughout the year I run workshops on Women's Health at various locations. Contact me if you would like to host this workshop at your Yoga School or natural Health Clinic.
Next Scheduled Workshop: Sunday 13th August 1.30pm - 5.30pm
- How stress sabotages hormonal balance: where modern science and Ayurveda meet!
- How to create pain free and regular menstrual cycles
- How to stay well and balanced in this busy world
- How to build a routine that brings you better health
- Creating balance now for a smooth transition through menopause (you cannot create ease and balance in your life too early!)
- Specific symptoms and how to alleviate them with Ayurvedic wisdom Eg. Panful cycles, hot flushes, heavy bleeding, brain fog, insomnia
- How to stay strong and age well in our bones, breasts, thyroids and minds
- Informative handouts and afternoon tea
Where: Norton Summit Community Centre
1 Crescent Drive, Norton Summit
Booking Link: HERE